Monday 13 June 2011

Considering Skills


During the last project I gained a number of skills that will become very beneficial to me throughout this new project.

- I learnt how to use the cameras, using them at different angles, using different lighting and also how to use them with other aspects of media, such as the computers.

- I learnt how to use the programme of adobe Photoshop in which I will be using for some aspects of this project. I learnt how to use different tools on the programme, creating different effects and generally how to create a practical piece of work.

- I learnt how to use 'BlogSpot' and also how to create a blog upon it; creating posts and uploading files and images. This is a great advantage to me as i will be using this to present my work once again.

- I learnt general things in which to consider on a practical and the effects in which they have; to consider costume, the way different pieces of costume suggest different stereotypes of people. Narration, the way a story can bring meaning to a song (if doing a video piece of work) and continuity, how a piece can flow, and relate. How all of these effect the practical, what they symbolise and the meaning they create.

- I learnt about target audiences, who in which my practical is to be aimed that, and how, by choosing certain choices, creates this appeal. Looking at both male and female audiences and both of all ages and the different aspects that appeal to each of them, and how you create these.

- I learnt about representation, how different things can represent different meanings or connotations, whether these meanings or connotations are modern; are they new looks upon such things, or traditional, traditional looks.

- I learnt about how to research before a project. How to analyse different genres of work and how to consider different connotations of each genre, and how they appeal to their own audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment